Take my Life

Sometimes the songs we sing in church touch my heart not just by the words but the way they are sang and the passion the singer has. Today John McCullough sang it and he's awesome (My ALL time favorite singer!) and that just made it so much better. A song that was sang this morning touched my heart and it reminded me that, if I seek God first He'll talk to me and get me through the things that are bothering me. There has been some stuff bothering me some lately and I think God had that song picked out just for me. I've learned that i need to be still and KNOW not think that He is God and He has my life and I'm still learning how to let him take control, and buddy has the devil been after me! God has showed me so much in my life and I'm so excited to learn more.

The song is called Living for Your Glory and it goes like this:

What good is it to gain the whole world, but lose your soul?
What good is it to make a sweet sound, but remain proud?
In view of God’s mercy, I offer my all
And take my life, let it be everything, all of me
Here I am, use me for Your glory
In everything I say and do, let my life honor You
Here I am living for Your glory

The road I’m on that leads nowhere without You
And the life I live that finds meaning and surrender
In view of God’s mercy, I offer my all
I pray that I learn to listen to God better everyday! 

2 comments:

Mari said...

I've never heard that song, but the words are wonderful. We can all pray that we learn to listen to God better everyday!

Tina said...

Oh, I love that song too! I am so bumbed we missed today. I love reading about how God has your heart.